One of Healing Hands Global’ most important goals for each team member is to facilitate growth and development of Christian character and leadership in line with biblical principles. Team members are looked upon by others as examples of how to live, give, act, serve, respond and love. It is expected that team members live in such a manner that brings glory to God in their behavior and attitudes both in and outside of internship settings. Although these standards may not affect one’s spiritual standing, they do strengthen the life and testimony of Healing Hands Global and the team member. Therefore, interns are expected to follow codes of conduct that should not be taken legalistically, but as boundaries for protection and integrity while serving with Healing Hands Global.
Therefore, each team member is expected to:
- Communicate a spirit of excellence in speech, conduct, appearance, and attitude.
- Encourage fellow team members and, be a team player.
- Flee the appearance of evil.
- Be willing to go the second mile and serve wherever needed.
- Be prompt and faithful in attendance to all scheduled events.
- Avoid attitudes (such as greed, jealousy, pride, bitterness, needless anger, and discrimination) and behavior (such as gossip, divisiveness, and complaining) that disrupt the unity and health of HHG.
- Allow God to shape your character and transform you into His image.
- Come under the authority of Healing Hands Global and its staff and leaders. Maintain the culture and heart of Healing Hands Global in all environments.
- Show respect for missionaries and workers and cooperate with the aims and endeavors of Healing Hands Global.
- Attend all prescribed clinics, brigades, and other events.
- Be neat, clean, and modestly dressed – abiding by the dress code stated in the HHGlobal Ministry Guide.
- Abstain from biblically immoral practices including, drunkenness, stealing, slanderous or profane language, dishonesty, occult practices and sexual sins (premarital sex, adultery and homosexuality) or any behavior that is considered detrimental to Christian character and witness. Interns are expected to refrain from any alcoholic beverage, bar/club, and smoking while serving with Healing Hands Global.
- Do not begin any form of dating relationship while in the internship program.
If you find that you are genuinely struggling with such issues while you are serving with us in Honduras, we advise that you speak to your group leader or the Healing Hands Global staff and allow them to bring guidance, counsel and corrections to your situation. Any behavior that contravenes this Code of Conduct will result in disciplinary action.
1 Thessalonians 5:22 “Abstain from all appearance of evil.”