Due to the intense nature of ministry in a Third World environment HHGlobal has a stout screening process for potential volunteers. Our staff, interns and volunteers live, serve, work and play together in close quarters, so finding people and personalities that fit together is a very important part of the process. Each step of the application process is designed to discover more about you, and to add more details to the portrait of who you are as a person. Meeting the Application Requirements is your first step in the journey to Honduras.
Applicants must currently be involved at their local church, to the extent that someone from the church staff could give a strong recommendation for the applicant, as far as their involvement, integrity, work ethic and leadership. In addition to the recommendation, the volunteers must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- A heart to serve in an international mission capacity
- Have had international missions experience before applying
- Holistic health (ready spiritually, relationally, physically, mentally and financially)
- Flexibility and the ability to work well with others and operate under authority
- Willingness to serve under the vision of Healing Hands Global
- Able to fully commit to the internship for the agreed upon duration
- Able to raise the necessary funds before arrival in Honduras
- Acquire an international medical insurance policy
- Completion of the Volunteer Application
- 3 Personal Recommendations to be filled out online by: your current pastor and 2 of the following: personal mentor, friend/parent, former employer or former teacher.
Once your Volunteer Interest Form is submitted an HHG Staff Member will be in touch with you via email to discuss the remainder of the application process.
We are praying for you and asking God to give you clarity about His plans for your future.